Devilishly Delightful Halloween Wedding Cocktails
Are you looking to put a little twist in the tale by whipping up some last minute homemade brews for your Halloween Wedding bash?
Well, we have scoured the internet and have come up with our top fave spine-chilling cocktails for a classy wedding with a touch of Halloween spirit.
Please note that these cocktails are not our own and sources have been provided. Please feel free however, to share your best recipes in the comments.
It fruity and its fun but note that the dry ice should be used for presentation purposes only! A twist on the good old appletini, this frivolous tangy apple should go down a treat
1 ounce vanilla vodka
1/2 ounce orange liqueur
1 ounce sour apple liqueur or schnapps
1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
1-2 ounces champagne
green sugar for rim
light corn syrup (optional)
Yield: 1 cocktail
- Lightly dampen the rim of a cocktail glass and dip in green sugar. Set aside. Tip: For better adhesion, dilute two tablespoons of light corn syrup with a few drops of water. Use your fingertips to apply the syrup to the rim of the glass.
Place vanilla vodka, orange liqueur, sour apple liqueur and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker filled 2/3 with ice. Shake until jet cold (about 20 seconds). Strain the drink into the cocktail glass and top with chilled champagne. Tip: Serving the drink with dry ice makes a dramatic presentation, but use only a small piece and be sure the dry ice has dissolved completely before drinking. Never allow your skin to come in contact with dry ice.
Blood Orange Margarita
There is nothing Margarita to spell out celebration. Quirky but yet classy, this blood orange addition to your books will be spellbinding. A big thank you to http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a28635/blood-orange-margaritas-rbk0208/ for sharing this dramatic delight. The bonus point is it is super easy to make.
- kosher salt
- Crushed ice
- ½ c. fresh blood orange juice
- 2 oz. tequila
- 1 oz. triple sec or Cointreau
- Blood orange wedges (optional)
Moisten rim of 2 margarita glasses and dip in kosher salt. Fill a cocktail shaker with crushed ice. Add orange juice, tequila, and triple sec. Shake well and strain into glasses. Garnish with orange wedges, if desired.
Cupid is at work with this triple berry martini the ladies will find it hard not to fall in love with.
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 3 ounces (2 shot glasses) strawberry vodka
- 3 ounces (2 shot glasses) Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur
- 2 small chunks dry ice
2 strawberries cut into hearts, for garnish (optional)
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the pomegranate juice, vodka, and Chambord. Shake to combine.
- Place 1 chunk dry ice into the bottom of each glass.
- Pour the martini over the a very small piece of dry ice.
- Garnish with skewered strawberry hearts if desired. Pretty cute 🙂
- Wait 5-10 minutes for the dry ice to dissolve (and enjoy the fun show!) before drinking.
- NOTE: DO NOT ingest the dry ice cubes. wait until they have dissolved before sipping.
Smoking blackberry sage margarita by http://wickedspatula.com/blackberry-sage-margarita/ (The dry Ice Alternative)
Dry ice being a bit of a health risk if ingested, we found this interesting recipe for you. The colour is definitely in keeping with the Halloween theme!
- 2 ounces 100% agave silver tequila
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 8 blackberries
- 5 fresh sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Dash of orange bitters
- Garnish: (optional)
- Dried sage leaves
- Muddle the blackberries and sage together in a cocktail shaker until broken down and fragrant.
- Pour in the tequila, lemon juice, bitters, and maple syrup. Give it a good shake and pour over either a cube of dry ice (if using) or regular ice if using the dried sage leaf. If using the dried sage light the tip on fire right before serving.
Spellbindingly simple to make and daringly bold in colour, what is there not to like. Don’t forget to add in the sprinkles around the rim to out your inner Halloween child.
- Pinnacle Atomic Hot Vodka,
- 1 ounce DeKuyper Pucker Sour Apple Schnapps
- 1 ounce apple juice
Rim martini glass with sprinkles.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine 2 ounces Pinnacle Atomic Hot Vodka, 1 ounce DeKuyper Pucker Sour Apple Schnapps, and 1 ounce apple juice. Shake and strain into prepared martini glass.
Garnish with a lime wedge.
Pumpkin Spice White Russian or Pumpkin Spice Broth (for want of something more Halloween sounding).
Thick, creamy with a bit of a kick from the pumpkin spice – this one will be one you won’t be able to put down. It also wouldn’t be Halloween without a bit of pumpkin love.
1⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more for garnish
Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously, strain over ice into a rocks glass. Seriously, it couldn’t be any more simple!
The Witch’s Hat
It’s dark, secretive and dangerously seductive…will you be able to resist this witch’s spell? Will you find your curiosity getting the better of you? Drink if you dare… http://www.hgtv.com/design/make-and-celebrate/entertaining/witch-s-hat-cocktail
2 ounces black vodka
1 ounce black Chambord
2 ounces dark cherry juice
crushed ice and chocolate wafers for garnish
light corn syrup (optional)
Yield: 1 cocktail
- Lightly dampen the rim of a martini glass and dip in crushed chocolate wafer crumbs. Set aside. Tip: for better adhesion, dilute two tablespoons of light corn syrup with a few drops of water. Use your fingertips to apply the syrup to the rim of the glass.
- Place vodka, Chambord, and cherry juice in a cocktail shaker filled 2/3 with ice. Shake until jet cold (about 20 seconds). Strain the cocktail into the martini glass and serve.